People refer to turnbuckles in several different ways. Hold downs, pull downs, binders and the most commonly used, tie downs. Referring to turnbuckles as tie downs is confusing to some, as tie downs are the system in which you install in order to secure a truck camper to a truck.
Even though there are several ways to refer to a turnbuckle, this tool serves one simple purpose. That purpose is to connect two entities. When strapping down anything from a heavy load or large machinery to recreational equipment like kayaks or motorbikes, Torklift International turnbuckles safely secure your valuable items.
Turnbuckles are used for several applications:
1) TOY HAULER: Strap down bikes and other toys to make sure they stay in place during transport. Many toy haulers have E-Tracks with loops that work well with Torklift International turnbuckles.
2) TRAILER: Turnbuckles like the FastGun make application quick and easy when it comes to strapping down items to a trailer. The FastGun’s lockable feature allows you to prevent theft when leaving items on the trailer for extended time periods. Click here to learn more about FastGun Locks.
3) SLED DECK: For those who snowmobile and use sled deck applications for a truck bed, a secure way to mount a sled deck is with the AnchorGuard Derringer turnbuckle.
4) FLAT BED: Hold down a truck camper or other items to your flatbed truck with quick-disconnect turnbuckles.
5) TRUCK DECK CARGO: Once the sled deck or truck deck is secured to your vehicle, strap down ATVs, bikes or snowmobiles with a Short Range FastGun. A derringer handle can also be added to any basic turnbuckle to make it quick-disconnect.
6) WATERCRAFT: Secure your boat to a boat trailer to avoid shifting while on the road. Turnbuckles are also useful to tie larger watercraft to a dock.
7) AIRCRAFT: From seaplanes to helicopters, turnbuckles easily connect the aircraft to any surface for transportation.
Torklift International FastGun Turnbuckle
Torklift offers a variety of turnbuckle designs, however the top selling and most popular turnbuckle is the FastGun.
Why is the FastGun turnbuckle the best turnbuckle available? As the fastest turnbuckle application on the market, the FastGun does not require tools for installation once assembled. The quick disconnect feature makes adjustment extraordinarily quick and easy.
The body of the turnbuckle is made from 100 percent stainless steel while its lever-action handle is made from aircraft grade aluminum. Due to the durability of these materials, each FastGun turnbuckle boasts a pull down rating of 2,500 pounds. Long Range FastGuns reach from 25 to 43 inches and Short Range or “.45” style reaches from 14.5 to 21.5 inches.
All Torklift turnbuckles are made in the USA and covered by Torklift International’s legendary lifetime warranty.
Click here for more details on the FastGun turnbuckle. If you have questions on what turnbuckle works best for your specific application, call Torklift Tech Support at 800-246-8132.