We recently had the pleasure of meeting Torklift International customer Jim Weber who stopped by Torklift’s manufacturing facility in Sumner, Washington. When it comes to a camper tie down system, there is only one tie down design available that provides safety, stability and prevents any possibility of bed and bumper damage to a truck: frame-mounted camper tie downs.
Weber tells us how Torklift’s frame-mounted Talon aluminum Tie Downs are his preferred system for hauling his heavy Eagle Cap 1160 2-slide truck camper with his 2001 Ford F350 truck.
As Weber discusses his experience with Talon Tie Downs, he uncovers three major features of the truck camper tie downs that contribute to a multitude of benefits.
#1 – DESIGN
- Torklift camper tie downs bolt directly to the truck frame
- Creates one unit: strongest design in the industry
- Prevents any possibility of truck bed damage or bumper damage
- Tie downs are individually engineered to each truck model to ensure the best possible fitment on four independent tie down points
- No effect on ground clearance and completely hidden when not in use
- Easy installation
- No drilling required
- Installs in less than two hours or as little as 30 minutes
- Comes with tie down weather caps to protect tubing when not in use
- Prevent dirt and grime from getting stuck inside the system
- Helps maintain condition of tie downs
- A foam plug inserts into the back end of the tube while plastic covers conceal the outer opening
#2 – COMPOSITION: ALUMINUM
- Military grade aluminum is up to 50 percent lighter than steel applications
- Ultra lightweight feature is beneficial when payload is a sensitive factor
- Aluminum designs are tested to meet or exceed the strength of traditional steel tie downs in all applications
- Rust-free, corrosion resistant
#3 – LIFETIME PROMISE
- Torklift frame-mounted tie downs are covered by Torklift’s Legendary Lifetime Warranty
- Talon Tie Downs come with an exclusive corrosion protection for life
- Lifetime warranty extends to the truck frame and camper anchor points for the extent of its manufacturer warranty if Torklift frame-mounted tie downs are used with spring-loaded turnbuckles
To find tie down fitments, navigate our automated application guide or locate the quick reference application guide by clicking the button below.
If you don’t see your truck year/model on the application guide, check back by calling 800-246-8132 as new tie down fitments are added regularly. If you’re local to us, we might even invite you to come in for a test fit.
For a limited time, receive $15 off StableLoad Suspension Stabilizer and free FastGun Locks for turnbuckles when you outfit your truck with Talons and FastGun turnbuckles. Two sets of Talon camper tie downs (front and rear) and two sets of FastGun turnbuckles are required to redeem the offer.
Click here to redeem this truck camping deal or learn more about these truck camping products by clicking here.
Big thanks to Jim Weber for stopping by and sharing his experiences with us!