You might be wondering what the StableLoad suspension stabilizer can do for your suspension. The StableLoads dramatically improve handling while towing or hauling by preventing side-to-side sway, bounce, and body roll and more.
To understand how StableLoads offer these benefits, you first have to understand how they impact your vehicle manufacturer installed overload leaf springs.
We will start off by letting you know that when you use the StableLoad, not only do you get our legendary lifetime warranty with our product, but we also extend that warranty to your vehicle leaf springs when using the StableLoad.
Let’s briefly talk about how overload leaf springs work.
When you tow or haul a heavy load, it causes the rear of the vehicle to sag downward. Once the rear sags downward, it causes the leaf springs to begin to come into contact with the overload leaf springs, which is exactly what you want to have happen.
Once this happens, your overload leaf springs are beginning to be put to work but only at a small percentage of their total capability and they are starting to help you to manage what you are towing or hauling by making your ride safer and more comfortable. However, this only happens once the overload leaf springs come into contact with the rest of the leaf springs.
So, what are the problems with the sag and the delayed contact with the overload leaf spring?
The vehicle must drop down several inches in order to come into contact with the overload leaf springs leading to rear sag. When the rear of the vehicle sags it causes the front of the vehicle to lift up which causes the following problems:
- Front end steering is now out of proper steering alignment making the vehicle feel unsafe with a delayed steering response as though it is floating like a boat.
- The front of the vehicle is responsible for up to 70% of the vehicle’s stopping ability. The braking distance is extended due to significantly less weight on the front tires. The front of the vehicle is lifting up as the rear of the vehicle sags.
- Headlights are now pointing upward with the front of the vehicle creating a nighttime road hazard by blinding oncoming traffic.
- Tire wear is increased due to the misalignment of the steering leading to premature tire wear failure.
- Fuel mileage is decreased due to misalignment and uneven tire footprint from uneven load and vehicle riding unleveled.
How do StableLoads stabilize your vehicle?
The StableLoads stabilize your vehicle suspension by taking up the gap between the overloads forcing them to come into contact much sooner, significantly reducing sag and making your factory overload leaf springs operate at 100% of their capability. This enables them to maximize their contribution in creating a safe and pleasant driving experience.
So what happens when your overload leaf springs come into contact sooner with the StableLoads?
- Reduced sag
- Reduced body roll and sway
- Far better handling for driver control
Don’t take our word for it! We’re turning to our customer reviews to show how StableLoads make a significant difference.
Let’s see what Mike Ware from Brighton, Colorado had to say:
Click here to learn more about the StableLoad suspension stabilizer.